Wednesday 6 August 2014

25 Things 25 Day's: Day 17!

Hey y'all, how are you fabulous marshmallows? Today has been a very quiet day in my household! I went on a bike ride, around where i live & then had a bath  relaxed for a little while...I also went with my pops to do some food shopping! Oh, we're on day 17 already, that's crazy! It feels like yesterday when i started this 'challenge' I have done days where they've been a lot shorter than other posts, but most of them have been long! Anyway, a few days ago I told you that i tried Starbucks for the first time...well i really loved my lime refresher & today I decided to try something new...I created my own Lime refresher instead of buying one!

  I went onto Starbucks website & discovered that the lime refresher is made with Green Coffee...I didn't know that was a thing to be honest. Anyway, i didn't have any of that, so I decided that i would use Green Tea instead, which is similar & i did have some!  So, to make this refresher I used...

Green tea w/ one spoon of sugar
Fresh cut Lime
Ice cubes
Water (volvic; As i had some in the fridge)
Mint

Okay, so first things first...

I cut my mint leaves up and put them into a glass & added boiling water into the glass, i didn't fill it...i put in just enough to activate the mint. (That makes sense right?) Then i left it to go cold on the side & when it was cool enough, i put it in the fridge.
Then, i made a cup of green tea & added a tsp of sugar because I didn't want it to be too tart. After that, i left that to cool & when it was cool enough, i added it to the fridge alongside my water & the fresh mint. Once I'd done that i had to wait for them to cool, when they were ready i took everything I needed out the fridge & then i cut the top of my lime & squeezed it into a glass. Once everything was done, i needed to mix it altogether, i didn't want the mint in my glass so i got my tea strainer & got ride of the leaves from the mint water. Then, i added some of the tea to the mint water along side the lime juice. Then finally i had to fill up my glass with water & add the ice cubes!
I am SUPER happy with the outcome...it tasted the same as the one from starbucks...even though i made it with tea & not coffee beans! ANYWAY, if you try this out, tweet me what you think!

See you all tomorrow! 

Peace, love & remember...?

SMILE!

Emily xoxox
___________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment