Friday 22 August 2014

Charity!

Hey guys, so today i am going to be blogging to you about this crazy ice bucket challenge! Now, yes i have done it & i will post the video bellow but i also just wanted to stress just how severe this ALS is. I'm sure you've all seen it & i know for a fact that most of you reading have probably been nominated, it's great to do the challenge as it's raising awareness and it's like a huge chain of people that are passing it around & not only that but it's raised MILLIONS towards the charity!

Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord. Motor neurons reach from the brain to the spinal cord and from the spinal cord to the muscles throughout the body. The progressive degeneration of the motor neurons in ALS eventually lead to their death. When the motor neurons die, the ability of the brain to initiate and control muscle movement is lost. With voluntary muscle action progressively affected, patients in the later stages of the disease may become totally paralyzed.

Above is a paragraph that I have copied & pasted here so you all can read what ALS is. It's not nice & people are over looking it and thinking that it's 'something you deal with'. Well they're wrong, its a serious disease & i think everyone should be made aware of this & are able to learn about it and understand it! Have you done the challenge? Then fabulous, I've done it too & yes it's funny to watch someone do the Ice bucket challenge but i think that everyone should be made away of it first!

If you've done it, then tweet me & tell me! I've done it....


Here^ is my ice bucket challenge, i was nominated by my good friend Chaz...who you all know! & I nominated my friend chloe (has been on my blog before), Ben & Jedd who I've not spoken about on here, BUT I know that Ben has done his & he done it super fast & has now passed it on to his friends who have also already done it! So just in that short amount of time, more people are being made aware of ALS! Now, i know that a lot of people are not happy about this, but I think that as long as people are dominating what they can and are doing the challenge and learning about this disease to share with others....then it's a good thing & i see no problem!
let me know your opinion on this ALS challenge & i hope you enjoy my video!

Peace, love & remember...?

SMILE

Emily xoxoxo
________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment